OK, I admit it, I have been pretty much lost as to the David Wray/Black Book issue since it began. I'd like to read A good "David Wray for Dummies" book. I can just see the bright yellow cover.
I have a question for bloggers who have written on this subject before. If you had known about the just released memo two years ago how do you think that would have impacted your take on the whole subject? Maybe your answers would help me understand the whole issue better.
Friday, February 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Joel, the rap on the "black book" was that it had been used in a discriminatory fashion to target black officers unfairly. The use of line-up books are a standard police practice, however.
The memo demonstrates that Officer Sanders had a discrete purpose for the book, and a defensible rationale for how it was constructed. It also claims that its use was limited to this particular case.
If we are to believe the memo, there was nothing nefarious going on, contrary to what had been represented.
Joe Guarino
Post a Comment