Pages

Monday, February 25, 2008

Obama Been Laudin' (Himself)

OK, so I have been on a week to ten day fast from we101 and local blogging to get some other things done, but my brain has not been dormant. If I repeat what others have said , or said better, please forgive me.

I watched the Obama speech from Houston the evening of the Wisconsin primary. I will admit to having a goose bump or two, and then that awful sick feeling of "oh no, something is going to happen to him." Probably just paranoia, but then I read about the lax security. Was THAT an accident?

Obama definitely has the "it" factor.

As the speech wore on and on and became more and more self referential, I became bored. "Some people say about Obama..." Seems like he likes the sound of his own name too much.

I loved a lot of what I heard. It all sounded so wonderful, fabulous, beautiful, dreamy.....impossible.

As much as I don't like Hillary Clinton, and as much as I think her candidacy would be good for the Republicans, I think her basic point, as poorly as she is making it, is sound. Obama is in la la land. He can use all the wonderful rhetoric he wants, but will that cause all the warring parties in Washington to fall at his feet, cast down their crowns, and give up their principled, cherished, and/or well funded agendas? I don't think so.

David Brooks I think hit the nail on the head in this morning's News and Record editorial piece, which can also be found on the NY Times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

anucooThank goodness someone in Greensboro sees through this nonsense. I have been a Democrat all my life, and have always voted in presidential elections. This is a year I may not vote, if this is our candidate. I would advise anyone considering voting for this man to do some serious research into his past, by reading his books. I think there is a lot of "fudge" there, but I think you will get much closer to what a conflicted personality & background this man really has. Don't be ignorant in giving our country to someone who is not up to the job & who may even have an agenda that is not currently apparent.