Well, after feeling dirty just getting involved with such a mess as the N&R handling of the SE High MRSA (non)affair, and feeling rather repentant for my denunciations, and even saying I was with the N&R on the "memo" issue, I have managed on a slow Saturday to read the Troublemaker's newest revelations on his site. WOW! You've got to read it if you haven't. What a week! I appreciate all those whose doggedness has helped bring so much important information to light this week. The secrecy is the most troubling, as Roch said somewhere. I hope an avalanche of information now starts to tumble into the public eye, and if people get buried, so be it. The pattern of jumping to conclusions and bringing dreadful harm to the reputation of decent people has to end. Someone has said that the reporting on the David Wary matter is better now. I am glad for that. But whether it is a HUGE issue such as the Homestead/PD/David Wray matter, or a small localized issue as with SE High, there also seem to be deep patterns. Yet still, on the Greensboro Police issue, in all the dark clouds I see a very bright silver lining here - a chance to get a pretty fresh start. Let justice roll down like waters...
And, as my personal poet laureate GM Hopkins has said, despite all the mess we make...
And for all this, nature is never spent;
There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward springs--
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.
Saturday, February 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment