Pages

Monday, May 21, 2007

Photo of the Day - May 21, 2007 - Zermatt

I'm kind of hot sitting where I am right now, and this picture brought a wave of refreshment to me as I perused alternatives for today's photo. So I thought I'd share it with you. I had always wanted to see the Matterhorn, near Zermatt, ever since my girlfriend in high school told me that my nose reminded her of it! :) Plus I had seen incredible pictures of that great peak. I wanted to go alpine! So, in our travels around Europe in March/April 1978 my friends and I took a long detour to Zermatt. I remember an old creaky train ride almost straight up a mountain. That was cool. Anyway, it was late when we got to Zermatt, and after a night in the youth hostel we awoke to almost white out conditions the next morning. This is what it looked like after the snow had calmed down a bit. Needless to say, I never saw the Matterhorn. But it was beautiful in Zermatt that day.

You are invited to explore my Flickr photostream here.

Joel

No comments: