
I spoke yesterday about two New England trips I took while in college. I was so fortunate to be able to go to some very special places - the Adirondack Mountains of New York State, the Green Mountains of Vermont, the White Mountains of New Hampshire, the interior forests of Maine, and the beautiful coast of Maine, especially Acadia National Park, one of my favorite places in the world. I took a lot of pictures (slides) on those trips, though many on the first trip were ruined before they were developed. This is one picture I took somewhere in New Hampshire on the first trip in August 1976 that I took with a friend from Columbia, Theodore DuBose. This scene was near a trail head I think. I don't know why, but I always loved this shot. The flowers just seem so joyful to me. And that black beetle gives the photo an amost antique feel. Maybe one day I'll make it back there.
You can check out my photostream, including some newly posted pictures of our time in Vancouver,
here.Joel
PS - After church on Sunday several folks from our church are driving up to Hanging Rock State Park to hike the Moore's Knob Trail. I
wrote about that trail the other day. Anybody interested in joining us? We'll be leaving Bur-Mil about 1:30 and will park our cars in the uppermost parking lot at Hanging Rock, near the lake and bathhouse.
1 comment:
I especially enjoyed seeing what are elsewhere normally spring, summer and fall flowers blooming all together. The short growing season demand that these flowers integrate themselves. Daisies and Golden Rod make a lovely arrangement by the way. So does Flox and Dogwood. Brenda
Post a Comment