Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Photo of the Day - May 17, 2007 - English Bay at Sunset

I was very fortunate to have spent three years of my life in Vancouver BC. It is a beautiful city, and highly photogenic. It is also crowded and smoggy and struggling with all the same issues with which major urban centers struggle. I learned a lot there about what makes for a successful urban environment. We in Greensboro could learn a lot from Vancouver on many issues.

One of the ever present delights of Vancouver wase the array of huge ships from all over the world that came to port there. The passageway into Burrard's inlet into the main ship docking area was rather small, and so ships would line up in English Bay much likeplanes on a runway, waiting there turn. It was fun to try to read the writing on the ships, look at their flags, and try to tell where they were from.

I hope this picture gives you a sense of peace. You can see more of my Flickr pictures here.

Joel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joel, I don't always comment but I do so enjoy stopping by and seeing what delightful journey you will take us on this day. I also appreciate your opinion pieces from time to time. BB