Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Nanny's Garden, circa 1950ish


I found a small container of old slides in the bottom of an old box of pictures. They are of my grandmother's garden, in the early 1950's. I was born after this picture was taken, and grew up in a more matured version of Nanny's Garden, but I can say without hesitation that this was my favorite place in the whole world. I had the privilege of maintaining it for many years, and learned a lot about gardening from my grandmother. This was a special place. 

4 comments:

Joe Guarino said...

Beautiful shot and scene, Joel. We used to enjoy driving through Columbia neighborhoods and enjoying scenes such as this.

The Logistician said...

I keep coming back to this picture and thinking how beautiful, peaceful, and serene it is. Thanks for sharing.

David in Greensboro said...

This is a beautiful photo. I hope Heaven looks like this--with a pair of work gloves with my name on them waiting for me when I arrive.

Thomas said...

They didn't have color pictures for the average person in the 50's, especially not that clear, what's up with that??