Friday, September 22, 2006
Greensboro Theological School?
So, I was driving down Green Street yesterday on the way to Hagen Stone Park for a cross country meet, and I passed the old library, and noticed for the first time the new signs – "Elon Law School." I thought, how cool is that – we have our own law school right here in downtown Greensboro. Then on the way back I drove through the South Elm area – even at 6:15 it was hopping. Again, way cool. Thinking back to Elon (and given my “profession”) the thought came to me, “why don’t we have a first rate evangelical theological school right here in downtown Greensboro? We should. I know, we have Carolina Evangelical Divinity School, but that’s down in High Point. And then there is Duke to the east and Wake to the west. But apart from Carolina Divinity School, there is no reasonably conservative theological school conveniently located to all the evangelical churches in the Triad. None. We need one. We could call it the Greensboro Theological School, or Triad Divinity School, or Greensboro Center for Biblical Studies. Then all those folks from the myriad of more conservative churches called into the ministry (who won’t by the way go to Duke or Wake) can just drive downtown, or near to downtown, and not have to move away or drive to Charlotte or wherever. The we could raise our own pastors here – home grown. I don’t mean to steal Carolina Evangelical’s thunder. Maybe they could be it. But I am not sure. Anyway, seeing “Elon Law School” made me think of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment