I like him, and I don't care what color his skin is or how often he goes to church, and I am not writing this to support his opponent, but the more Obama is out there in the public arena, the more he just seems like same old same ole to me. He's a politician, a good one, and I don't begrudge him that. I just don't see the "new way." I think all that is just smoke and mirrors.
Two questions nip at my mental heels.
First, what would a new way of doing politics in Washington (or Greensboro) really look like, and not look like? What would be the signs, the signals, the actions, that shows that a person is doing politics differently?
Second, is it possible for a person to get elected who does not follow the "old way" (as compared say to someone who talks about not following the "old way")?
I wonder. But I am pretty sure whatever this "different way" is, I am not seeing it in this election.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment