I love Firefox. It's the only browser I use. Wednesday I downloaded and loaded Firefox 3. The reviews had been very positive.
But then I ran into the address bar, or the "location bar" as Firefox now calls it. Well, apparently a lot of folks like it. In Firefox 3 the address bar includes addresses not just of URL's you have typed out, but of bookmarked sites, stars that you can click next to URL to bookmark it, and various other color codes, highlights and such. It has this sort of hyper auto complete feature, in which the program is really trying to hard to guess what you want to type next. It's annoying.
Anyway, I guess there are snazzy folks who like all that, but not me. I like a clean address bar, and I even clear mine out every day or two of its history or memory. I like it to have the URL's to the relatively small number of sites I go to regularly, and that's it.
So, I poked around and found a tool for converting Firefox 3 into Firefox 2's address bar, and did that, but it was only a half fix. So I uninstalled 3 and reinstalled 2.
I did find some directions for how to undo this Firefox 3 feature, posted by Zac Garrett, Techno Geek which has one playing around with "about:config" which scares me to death, but maybe I could do it. So I may reinstall 3 and try this.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment