Last year about this time Anna Gillespie, Brook Howertone , Sarah Bowen, and Chelsea Holinlgsworth came from behind and won the North Carolina State 4A 4 x 800 Championship, to their and everyone else's surprise! They were finally awarded their championship rings the following fall 2007 at the conference Cross Country finals at Hagen Stone Park. Apparently it was a humdinger of a race! I would have liked to have seen it but my daughter Madeline and I were sitting in the car on Yanceyville waiting for the longest train in the history of the world to pass - the one and only time I've ever had to stop at the Yanceyville RR Crossing. Oh well.
Brook is out this year with an injury so it's hard to know how it will go, but they did win the 4A midwest Regionals in Charlotte last weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment