Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Greensboro as Seen from Hanging Rock

It's about 35 miles as the crow flies, well, if the crow flies straight! Can you make out the buildings? Taken with a Nikon 18-200mm lens.

To see Winston Salem from Hanging Rock, and other photos in my Flickr photostream, click here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a cool shot Joel - very nice! Too bad the air quality is so poor. A circular polarizer might help to reduce the haze in shots like that.

Joel Gillespie said...

Yeah, and my ISO was too high. I forgot to turn it down. That adds to the grainy effect too. Still there is, even on a clear day lots of haze. Usually you can't even see Greensboro from there. Yes, a polarizer would help. If only....sigh...

Anonymous said...

That is cool, Joel... I didn't even bother to notice the view when we hiked it... I honestly thought I was going to die when we went up there.