Pages

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Off to College

Today we moved our third daughter into her dorm at Chapel Hill. She is a freshman. Tuesday we moved my second daughter into her apartment at Chapel Hill. She is a junior. Also today our first daughter packed her car and moved back into her apartment in Raleigh, a fifth year senior at State.

I know, I have two other daughters and my wife to tend to, but even our small little house will feel empty tonight. Yeah, I am supposed to have all these big generous liberal child focused thoughts about what great opportunities lie ahead for my children to spread their wings and grow up, and what a great place to live with such good colleges so close, etc. Well, maybe tomorrow. Tonight I just feel like part of me has died, again.

On a brighter note, there were a whole bunch of kids from two campus ministries helping cart the stuff to the rooms today and that made a HUGE difference. To them I say thanks!

No comments: