(prepared for www.backporch.org)
We are blessed in Guilford County with a wealth of areas preserved for hiking, and by hiking I mean hiking on trails. I have a separate section for Top Ten Walks (on pavement).
Many of these trials are overseen by the City of Greensboro Park System, Guilford County parks and Recreation, Greensboro Beautiful, and the City of High Point.
I am going to list my own personal top ten, then a few “honorable mentions.” I have tried to link these to local web sites which describe them further, and there are articles or articles pending for each trail.
I have with one exception NOT included trails that are shared by mountain bikers.
Please feel free to e-mail me with a trail that belongs on the list, or, if you are so inspired, a description of such a trail for our readers.
Here is my “Top Ten.”
The Greensboro Bog Garden Trail (Hobbs Road)
The Laurel Bluff Trail (Watershed Trail Between Lake Brandt and Lake Townsend)
The Nat Green Trail (Lake Brandt)
The Piedmont Trail (Lake Brandt)
Big Loop - Little Loop Trails at Bur-Mil Park
The Palmetto Trail (Lake Brandt)
The Beech Bluff Trail (Brush Creek, Lake Higgins)
The Evergreen Trail at Price Park
The Osprey Trail (Lake Townsend)
The Bill Faver Lakeshore Trail at the Piedmont Environmental Center
Here is my “Honorable Mention.”
The River Walk at the Summit
The Deep River Trail at the Piedmont Environmental Center
The Townsend Trail (Lake Townsend)
The Chatfield Trail at Hagen Stone Park
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment