Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Photo of the Day - November 27, 2007 - Alleyway Mural, S. Elm


One of the many pleasures of hanging around downtown are the many and various murals. Hope to document them all eventually.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joel...

My comments have nothing to do with this photo or blog, but the pics of Clemson from the mid-70s you have posted on FLICKR. Man, you have some great shots that brought back a lot of memeories! I was at CU from 1976-80, and your pics seem to be of that era.

I remember sliding down the Issaqueenqa Dam, too. And also the big snowstorm of '77. In fact, I was at the top of the hill at the Clemson House bombing cars down below with snowballs, and one of your pics was taken there. I'm probably in that picture somewhere. LOL

I can also identify with your pics of hiking/camping in upstate SC. Me & my buddies did a lot of that back then, both during high school and while attending Clemson. I grew up in Greenville, and we were all over Table Rock, Caesar's Head, Whitewater Falls, the Chattooga River, etc, back in the day.

(Hey, it wouldn't surprise me if we crossed paths and/or knew some of the same people. You know how that "small world" thing goes.)

Anyway, I've always regretted not having a camera back then and taking pictures. So I was surfing the net looking for Clemson pics from that era when I stumbled across yours on FLICKR. I didn't know how to get in touch with you, so I googled your name and found this blog.

I'd like to correspond with you a bit, if you don't mind. Maybe chat about the old days and see if you can jog so more memories in my old brain. And I was also wondering if you had more Clemson pics from the 70s, and the ones posted on FLICKR are just a sample.

How could I get in touch with you...is there an email address I can reach you at?

Thanks, Mike