My response to the invitation was as follows...
My pulpit opinions having to do with the
I look forward to the Spring garden. I have lots of plans -- roses, new butterfly plants, lilies, maybe abelia. Of course the usual veggies.
I’ve spent a lot of spare time lately on my big genealogy and Flickr projects. That’s what has keep me quiet.
So, machine gun variety, some opinions…
If
We have to get unhooked on their oil. That needs to be a hugely serious effort. It has to include more than ethanol - but wind, solar, new types of batteries, new high tech hydraulics, and I think nuclear energy. Do Democrats and Republicans have the wil to do this? I am not sure. Duh, we're funding the very people killing us!
I am so confused now about global warming I don't know what to believe anymore. But I do know that there are a hundred good reasons otherwise to clean up our air, and just doing that would take care of a lot of the warming problem right there (because it's not just about CO2) and solve other problems we're sure of in the process.
On immigration, particularly from
On local stuff, I think the latest tape will prove hugely damaging to David Wray. I don’t care how nice he is. That was abuse of power.
On our local councils – what, are you kidding. They should make a comedy show out of us. Speaking of which, we have to do something about the real estate whores in our leadership so as to reduce sprawl, protect open spaces, single family neighborhoods, and everyday non affluent people.
We need to give students in terribly disfunctioning schools choice – vouchers.
About taking to democracy to the Muslim world, I mean, is George Bush in idealistic la la land? Ok, maybe we can show that most Muslims want peace and stability and not suicide bombings. That's one thing. But a secular government is another. The very notion of a secular nation is contrary to Islam. Islam is fundamentally, at its core, theocratic. It would be like telling me I can only be a Christian on Sunday to tell a Muslim his government cannot be guided by Muslim law. It isn’t going to happen.
Secularism, secularization, and secular government are an affront to Islam. Nor does our secular materialistic sex drenched culture help matters. No wonder they hate us. Maybe if we hated us more things wouldn’t be so bad with us in the world! I mean by that hated our excesses, hated our gross materialism, hated the way we export so much smut. It’s no wonder…
I am happy about the Honda plane deal.
On the upcoming n elections. I think it will be Hillary against Rudy. It should be a dandy. If the Democrats keep looking the other way about
I’ve been groovin’ on John Mayer lately. I love “Continuum.” Oh, and my daughter and I are going to go see Norah Jones. I am so excited about that.
I have gotten a serious photography bug again. It is like a long lost friend come home.
And why do we wink at
I turn 50 this year. Wow.
Well, all for now.
Joel
1 comment:
Dear Joel, Somehow you can not take the pastor out of your secular opinions even when you try. They are loving even if pragmatic. Iran can not have nuclear weapons even if people will die. More people will die later. That is love for mankind and the pastor speaking. Not the world as you or God would have it, but the better course for the world as it is.
I don’t agree with you on the Brady tapes. I feel it was simply an off hand remark made jokingly like most people make all the time. They really had to do something about the harassment. If she were making these troublesome accusations about anyone else she could have been dealt with in court with fines. Being the Chief of Police the situation was so touchy that this course wasn’t available to him. And he very well could not have known anything about it. Brady was known to have been protective of his friend. Besides, they had enough on the lady that they certainly had no need to make anything up and they knew this. Just an off hand comment. I personally would hate to be recorded when I am not aware of it. As bad as some of my rantings are on line you should see what I delete when I am angry!
My music taste I believe I told you are ballads and blues from ‘30’s to ‘60’s. And of course anything Babs does. I can listen to her for hours.
I was able to share Jesus Christ Superstar with my daughter in a production at a small college in 1995 almost exactly like the production I saw off Broadway when I was her age (30). It was a bare bones production in the round. The costumes were more suggestive than there. Herod wore a red derby and carried a red tip cane as he pranced around the stage demanding Christ “walk across his swimming pool” (the Sea of Galilee walk on water). It was so ….well, we both cried at the end because of our touching of souls. Unfortunately it was the first and last moment I ever had with my daughter. We are estranged now and it has been 8 years since I have spoken with her. It is better this way. I seem to bring out the worst in her and she inflicts so much pain. This can not be good for her soul. I am sure she and her brother, who also chose to walk away from us, know where we are. LOL LOL Just google Brenda Bowers and I pop up all over the place! There is a lawyer with the same name who comes up often of course. For her sake I hope potential customers aren’t reading my blog and attributing them to her!
My knee is giving me problems when I should be recovering. The bones and replacement are fine from the x-rays, but the area keeps inflaming. We are giving medications another month and then they may have to go back in and see just what is happening. I am getting tired of being unable to get on with my life. Can only sit so long at the computer or my sewing machine or even painting without having to get up and walk. Walking causes much pain and around we go. Not really being able to sew my proposed eBay store is on hold. I love making Princess costumes for little girls and have sold write a few just here in the apartment complex by word of mouth. I want to get a good inventory and go on line.
Thank you for patience Joel. As usual my motto is why use one word when ten will do. Brenda
Oh, and 50 is a good age. That is the year I stopped setting an example for the children and let the real Brenda emerge. Pulled my long hair into a pony tail with a big fluffy bow that was so in at that time and let it swing!
Post a Comment