Ahhh, how has the blogosphere been without me? Probably not noticing my absence! But just as Arnold said, "I'll be back" and he came back, so I'm back, for better or for worse.
My wife had to go help with her mother in Toronto for ten days over the holidays so everything in my life sort of got postponed for a week or so. Thus my New Years resolutions are a week or so late.
I've thought about several things I want to do every day, or most every day, and one of those is publishing a top ten list. So, in the spirit of that resolution I thought I'd post my list of the top ten things I want to do every day (or most every day).
1. Read my bible and pray
2. Love my wife and kids
3. Post a top ten list on Blogger. I have already thought of about 150 possible top tens.
4. Post a "thought of the day" on current events, movies, music, nature, Christian discipleship, etc., either on my Blogger or my Word Press site, the latter set aside for more explicitly Christian stuff.
5. Take a picture of something Guilford County or Greensboro related and post it within a day or two on my Flickr site.
6. Post at least 5 older photo's on my Flickr site. I have become an extended family archivist and this is proving to be a great blessing. Check it out - http://www.flickr.com/photos/joelgillespie/.
7. Walk around the block. Any block. Or footpath. Or trail. Take camera. Pray, take pictures, keep walking, or not, or run even.
8. Comment on one other person's blog or Flickr site - everyday. Just do it.
9. Write a card or letter - a physical hand written note - every day, to someone - family, friends, church, Greensboro community - someone. Got to get those cards and stamps.
10. Beat myself up for not getting all ten things done I want to do every day - or nine I guess minus this. Since I'm very good at beating myself up this will be the easiest.
PS - Good game Florida, but I vote for Boise State for # 1.
PSS - Who is the only undefeated division I basketball team today, umm, tell me? I can't hear you! (That could well end tonight!)
PSSS - John Kerry isn't really going to run again is he? Don't know if I can bear it.
PSSSS - Would some good candidate PLEASE come forward from one party or another?
PSSSSS - I can't believe I am saying this, given my dislike of country music, but Pickler did it - it is a really good CD! Go Kellie! (for a different view go to http://www.votefortheworst.com/pickler.html)
PSSSSSS - I'm on a Led Zeppelin kick these days. Been enjoying IV and Houses of the Holy this week. Last night I was jammin' to Misty Mountain Top coming home from the game. Great opening groove.
PSSSSSSS - New York has smelled every time I have been there.
All for now!
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks Joe. It's good to be back. I think.
Post a Comment