Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Favorite Love Songs

OK, so someone pointed out the other day that I did not have a list for my favorite love songs. I scanned my memory driving around yesterday and then started a list below. I have in mind somewhat more innocent love songs, not really songs about broken hearts, lost love, or unfulfilled longing (that is another longer more interesting list), and not really songs about getting it on in the night (So, Night Moves won’t be on the list, nor Crazy on You, [but maybe Moondance? Hmmm.]). So, here is a beginning. I’ll add and subtract a few and whittle it down to 25. So, what am I forgetting?

Colour My World by Chicago
Fly Me to the Moon by Tony Bennett
Can’t Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley
Beautiful by Gordon Lightfoot
This Girl’s In Love by Dionne Warwick
And the Night Stood Still by Dion
Your Song by Elton John
Moondance by Van Morrison
Lady by Kenny Rogers
Longer by Dan Fogelberg
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack or Johnny Cash
Eight Days a Week by the Beatles
Perhaps Love by John Denver and Placido Domingo
The Wedding Song by Paul Stookey
I Honestly Love You by Olivia Newton John
Love, Reign O’er Me by The Who
Crescent Moon by Bill Mallonee
Something in the Way She Moves by James Taylor
I’ll Have to Say I Love You In a Song by Jim Croce
Looking into You by Jackson Browne
Michelle by the Beatles
Crystal by Fleetwood Mac
To Know Him Is to Love Him by Trio
Always on My Mind by Willie Nelson
Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton
Three Times a Lady by Lionel Richie
Pride and Joy by Stevie Ray Vaughan
Some Kind of Wonderful by Grand Funk
Song For a Winter’s Night by Gordon Lightfoot
You Make Loving Fun by Fleetwood Mac
Something by The Beatles
Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkle
And I Love Her by the Beatles

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as you've got "First Time Every I Saw Your Face" your list is complete. (in my opinion)

Now you have me curious about your other list(s). Guess we'll never see those.

Joel Gillespie said...

Alice,

I am working on those other lists, as well as moving all my MSN lists to www.joelgillespie.com. I think I'll title my next list somethingn like Favorite Love Gone Wrong Songs. You know, When a Man Loves a Woman, Love Hurts, Have You Ever Loved a Woman, I Will Always Love You, stuff like that.

Oh, I need to add A Case of You to Favorite Love songs. That just popped into my memory.

I think First Time Ever I Saw Your Face may be the most beautiful song ever written.

Joel