Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Joel's Top 10 Songs of All Time - Sort Of

He said: Sounds like a list you need to post - "Joel's Top 10 Songs of All Time......"

I said: Well, if I ever post a top ten songs list it would likely include 6-8 from among the following (since this is off the top of my head):

Gimme Shelter by the Rolling Stones
Early Morning Riser by Pure Prarie League
Have You Ever Seen the Rain by CCR
Resplendent by The Vigilantes of Love
Love, Reign O'er Me by The Who
The Abbey Road side B medley (or Hey Jude) by the Beatles
Since I've Been Loving You (or Stairway to Heaven) by Led Zeppelin
Fountain of Sorrow by Jackson Browne
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberto Flack
The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carrol (or Precious Angel) by Bob Dylan
Have You Ever Loved a Woman by Derek and the Dominos
Where the Streets Have No Name (or New Years Day) by U2
Paranoid (or War Pigs) by Black Sabbath
Fly Me to the Moon by Tony Bennett
Gravity by John Mayer
Beside You (or Into the Mystic) by Van Morrison
I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry by Hank Williams
Always on My Mind by Willie Nelson
Statesboro Blues (Whipping Post or Melissa) by the Allman Brothers
Hotel California by The Eagles
Helplessly Hoping by CSN
Let's Stay Together by Al Green
Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright
Blue by Lucinda Williams
Whammer Jammer by J Geils Band
Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Judy Garland (or Israel Kamakawiwo╩╗ole)
Question 67 and 68 by Chicago Transit Authority
A Long December by Counting Crows
Roll Over Beethoven by ELO

And then I said: these are my personal favorite songs, not a list of what I think are the greatest or most historically significant songs...you can make your own list :-) and what's on your list does interest me...

Now, to whittle it down...

No comments: