Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Greatest Gift - Page One



When I taught public high school in the early-mid 1980's I was the faculty adviser to a Bible Study Group that met once a week in the morning. One year the group wanted to share an invitation – not to the bible study so much, but to Christ. A couple of the students and I worked on the letter, and the last day of school before Christmas break students handed out the letter above to all the other students as they came into the building. It was kind of cool.

To view in a larger size go to my Flickr Photostream, click on the picture of the letter, and then "all sizes."

17 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, how times have changed. As a public school teacher (somewhere) you were able to proselytize on a public school campus and no one called the cops! You lived a piece of history.

Merry Christmas, Joel. And the spirit of the holy day for everyone.

Cincerely said...

I wasn't part of the bible study group, but I was the only junior in your senior physics class during the 82-83 school year at BC High. I was also your aide. I called you Mr. G, as I never could pronounce Gillespie without mangling it (and my married name is Gillespie). Anyway, just thought I would "formally" say Hi, as I've been reading your blog for a while.

Your former student,
Cindi Palmer Gillespie.

Custom Essay Writing Service said...

The good thing about your information is that it is explicit enough for students to grasp. Thanks for your efforts in spreading academic knowledge. Regards.

danial said...

good blog

college application essay said...

Nice blog

critical essays said...

Nice work

critical essays said...

nice work

buy custom essay said...

Excellent blog

dissertation express said...

nice one

dissertation express said...

The good thing about your information

edit relief said...

nice job

edit relief said...

good one

essay-writing said...

good work

essay-writing said...

great informative blog

essay writing said...

keep it good work.

essay writing said...

keep it good work.

narrative essays said...

Very use full for me